presented by IndyConnect!
Music talent competition open call for adults, young adults, youth, and children eager to share their talent for up to $500 cash in each category!
CarmelFest Has Talent is open to all instrumentalists (guitar, piano, other strings, winds, brass) and vocalists. We’re looking for talented and creative people with stage charisma. We invite talented performers of all ages to participate in the competition.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
Registration for 2019 is now open!
- Register online (registration fee $25)
- Participate in one of the preliminary auditions to be communicated via email to contestants at time of registration
The musician categories are:
- Adults 21+
- Young adults 17-20
- Youth 13-16
- Children 12 and under
HOW IT WORKS
- In the audition, contestants will have 3 minutes to impress our expert judges by performing a song of their choice that they think will “wow” a live, festival audience
- Judges will select the semi-finalists by choosing the contestants who gave the strongest audition performances in each category
- Semi-finalists will perform live on the CarmelFest Gazebo Main Stage (sponsored by Geico) on Wednesday, July 3 to compete for a spot in the final round on Thursday, July 4
- After performing in the final round, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced on stage, in front of the festival audience
- Cash prizes will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each performance category
- First Place winners $500
- Second place winners $250
- Third place winners $100
Before you register, READ the contest RULES
A few eligibility rules to know right away
- Professional musicians are not eligible (includes having an agent or performance contract).
- Did you win last year? If yes, congrats, but you are not eligible for the same category this year.
- You must live in Indiana.
Questions about CarmelFest Has Talent?